President & COO of Zunch (China) Inc. - TERRENCE OU

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Day One of Ad:Tech Shanghai

Exciting!


Now I am counting how many business cards I've received. I have over 200 of them and I've given out 300. I printed 1,000 sales sheets and today half of them have been taken.

We've got industry peers and interested customers to visit our booth. We also got a local newspaper "Economy Daily" and an online newspaper to interview me. We also met a SEM veteran who is willing to share his business experience in SEO service in China. We've also got people willing to work for Zunch.

Many local companies in traditional media (newspaper), interactive marketing, and portals came to talk to me about working together to develop the market. They can't wait to see us reside in Shanghai officially early next year.

I also met two American interactive marketing companies who are excited to find us. Additionally, Google's appointed AdWords agent in Shanghai came to chat with me about SEO's future.

A leading international hotel chain came to ask for Chinese and English website development. I'll follow up to visit their office in Shanghai sometime.

An American online PR company based in Shanghai has been providing online PR for eight years. There are also companies from India, Japan and Singapore to participate the show. I also had Yahoo China and Taiwan, Acconna to talk to me.

My day 1 feeling is that, China is a booming market for web development and search marketing. Based on this common perspective, Chinese marketing/web companies are looking for reputable American partners to explore the market.

I delivered my speech in Chinese. Since the audience has been waiting for someone speaking their language, my speech received applause twice.

Tomorrow night, I'll have a dinner with Microsoft. I'll also have a lunch with another major Internet player who is eager to team with us to develop SEM service.

I look forward to tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home