President & COO of Zunch (China) Inc. - TERRENCE OU

Thursday, November 10, 2005

My First Day in Shanghai

Finally I arrived in Shanghai around 10 p.m. last night in a very warm and humid weather. I can wear just a shirt but I can easily get wet by sweat. People say it’s been in this weather since summer.

This morning I picked up the Chinese sales sheets and my Chinese business cards. Tonight, I’ll be visiting my former college’s campus to meet a group of graduate students and select two of them to work for Zunch in the booth. My professor said if I am not satisfied with those I’m meeting tonight, he’ll take me to the campus in Shanghai’s suburb tomorrow to get more.

When walking down the streets I had been through years ago, it rang my bell about my days in the past. I had a lunch in a Wonton restaurant and bought two apples and oranges back to my hotel. Foods are very cheap.

I called Anhee Min, a Korean girl who’s very active in assisting the AD:TECH and who’s a co-chair of international division of SEMPO. She was excited to know I am in Shanghai and is looking forward to getting together with me.

It costs about 15 cents/min to access the Internet from my hotel room. So I am composing these paragraphs offline and publish it within two minutes.

I’ll take a look at our booth on the 13th afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home