President & COO of Zunch (China) Inc. - TERRENCE OU

Friday, November 11, 2005

Setting Up Shop


Last night (Shanghai time), I returned to my former college after I left 15 years ago. Astonishing changes in campus made me very excited to see. New buildings, such as a modern gym and theatre were serving students and faculties but that made the campus extremely crowded.

I delivered my first Zunch presentation in the Dean’s Office to 15 graduate students about Zunch’s mission in the AD:TECH and Zunchina. The Dean who used to be my mentor was very helpful to arrange the meeting and interview. But it did bring me a problem – how would I choose 4 students out of 15? Ten of the fifteen are girls and five are boys. You can tell that I could get more girls than boys. True, eventually, I picked three girls and two boys.

1:00 PM today (Shanghai time), five students came into my hotel to receive Zunch orientation and training. Together we went through our sales sheets in English and Chinese, the handouts and Zunch sites. We also went through AD:TECH sites and saw pictures of past Zunch trade show pics. Finally, we made schedules for attendance at the show..

Tomorrow (Saturday), I’ll give me a little break by touring the city around to see new changes since the year when I left. One of the major objectives is to try the genuine Chinese dishes and food. I’ll also get together with the real estate guy who is searching for office space for Zunchina and discuss some information before we have office building tours after the AD:TECH event.

Yesterday afternoon, I also paid a brief visit to my grandma (my great antie) and her daughter’s home. This grandma used to take care of me a lot when I went to school in Shanghai. Sadly, I could not meet grandpa (her husband) any more because he passed away three years ago without seeing me. My two cousins are doing high salary jobs in Shanghai in actuarial and foreign trade. One of them returned to Shanghai from Australia for career development.

That’s today’s news!


1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew_Shehorn said...

Glad to know that you made it to Shanghai safe and sound T-OU! :)

I look forward to reading your posts and seeing pictures of Shanghai and AD:TECH.

FYI...the water jug hasn't been changed in days and the office is overstocked with tissue...now that you are gone...ha ha ha! :)

9:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home